BackgroundYou can compute below your predicted minimum times by age in various running and swimming events, given your previous best time. It does the same for the high jump regarding height and for chess regarding chess rating. These calculations use the results in
Fair (2007), "Estimated Age Effects in Athletic Events and Chess"
and updated results in
Fair and Kaplan (2018), "Estimating Aging Effectrs in Running Events,".
You should at least skim these papers before computing any predictions to see what assumptions are being made and how the age factors were estimated.
A comparison of the 2007 and 2018 age factors is in
2007 and 2018 Age Factors
Compute predicted minimum times (maximum heights for the high jump, maximum ratings for chess):
- 100, 200, or 400 meter track
- All other running (2007 age factors)
- All other running (2018 updated age factors)
- Swimming, 50 meters or yards, men
- Swimming, 100 meters or yards, men
- Swimming, over 100 meters or yards, men
- Swimming, 50 meters or yards, women
- Swimming, 100 meters or yards, women
- Swimming, over 100 meters or yards, women
- High jump